NYNNeS (Network of Young Nordic Neutron Scatters) will have its 2015 fall meeting in Malmö, Sweden, October 26th-27th. Registration and a preliminary schedule is now available.
NyNNeS, Fall 2015 Meeting
Register by filling in your information on http://doodle.com/5gbg2mxqzqhew9p9
Monday, October 26 2015
12.00 Gathering and lunch
13.00 Introduction and Status
14.00 Presentation round by PhD students and Postdocs: 10 min + 5 min questions
14:30 Coffee break
15:00 cont. presentations.
16.00 Ideas about possible applications and our input towards the new nordic research network
- Selma Maric, Malmö, ‘Lipoprotein structure and dynamics’
- Henrik Jacobsen,KU/ESS, ‘Frustrated magnetism using neutron diffraction, both polarised and non-polarised and on both single crystals and powders’
- Weimin Li, Lund, ‘SAXS on anistropic protein interactions’
- Thomas Zinn, Oslo, ‘TR-SANS applied to crystalline micelles’
- Laura Mazzei, Chalmers, ‘’Local structure around protons in BaZrO3 based proton conductors investigated by inelastic neutron scattering”
- Gunnar Palsson, Uppsala, “The neutron reflectometer Super ADAM – a Swedish research infrastructure”
- Ellen Fogh, DTU, ‘Origin of the 1/3 magnetization plateau in LiCoPO4’
Tuesday, October 27 2015
9.00 How can we exploit e-learning in Neutron Scattering, Linda Udby.
9.40 Round tables for possible applications
10.30 Coffee break
The meeting will take place in Medeon (http://www.medeon.se/), Per Albin Hanssons 41, Malmö. Rum F2. Medeon is located at ~20 min walking distance of the train station Triangeln, alternative you could take bus #2 or 7 outside Triangle North and step off at Mobilia.
Accommodation: We have blocked some rooms at Mercure Hotel (http://www.mercure-hotel-malmo.com/), situated at walking distance from Medeon. The hotel will be paid directly by Uppsala given that you book your room prior to October the 12th. Please write to email@example.com and provide promo code UPPSALA15.